A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Quilt Show Shopping!

The Wisconsin Quilt Expo was last weekend. 


I attended on Friday and indulged myself with a few fabric goodies.

I started with a few medium value blue batiks to add to the stash for the Nine Patch Project.  The pink jumped out at me, along with the two violets.


Next up was a stop at Cherrywood Fabrics.  So many fabulous colors of hand dyed fabric to choose from.  I decided I needed some bright and hot shades.

Hot Medley and Tropicana Collection
And finally, I discovered a true indulgence.  Hand dyed fabric - 50% cotton & 50% bamboo.  The drape is amazing.  It is a 200 thread count and I couldn't resist the colors - pinks to corals! 


Close up
I doubt I'll be able to bring myself to cut into this piece.  I may just plan to do a whole cloth throw out of it.

This was a really nice show with a ton of inspiring quilts on exhibit.  The range of vendors was varied and deep!  I could have seriously ran amok shopping but managed to control myself.  The venue is large and well lit, easily accessible, with fairly good layout of booths.  The only drawback is it is well attended and gets crowded in the aisles.

No comments:

Post a Comment