A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, January 18, 2016

Cold Weekend - Warm Studio

Saturday found me in the Studio, wrestling spreadsheets for work.  I originally thought they would only take two hours at the most. 


Nope. They ended up eating all of the afternoon that was supposed to be stitching time.  Oh well, life happens - Just. Keep. Going.  

Saturday night, I headed north to P & T's house to spend the night for Sunday morning's tack sale.  The sale was an hour's travel north of their house, set to open at 9 am, with morning temperatures forecast below zero, it made the most sense to stay over.  But the tack sale is another story, with pictures, for a post later this week. 

Sunday afternoon, I cranked up the space heater in the Studio and tackled the remaining machine quilting on the mini Mystery Quilt.


It really didn't take long at all, except for running out of bobbin thread. And it was on to the cutting table.  I always love the way the look of the quilt changes when it's all trimmed and ready for binding.


After auditioning the orange (no), deepest shade of violet (no, and the lime (oh, heck no!), I settled on the variegated red violet batik for the binding.  I could tell I was getting tired as it took three tries to join two of the three binding strips together on the bias.  ARGH!  Un-sewing ensued but I was not stopping until I had the binding stitched on the front. 


The hand stitching of the binding will happen this week. It needs a name & a label, too.  Then it's on to the lap size version of the Mystery Quilt.




No comments:

Post a Comment