A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, April 16, 2020

New Project for My Husband

Part of the whole quarantine & social distancing means needing to find projects to keep DH busy.  The latest one benefits the whole house at this strange new time we are living in.  Our townhouse is blessed with an under-abundance of storage space. We've done several projects and storage furniture purchases to overcome the shortcomings. Trying to balance additional food storage needs with the need to make fewer shopping trips to be safe, I came up with a wild idea. The upstairs hall closet measures a tiny 3 feet wide by 2 feet deep. We don't keep coats in it because the hanging space was even smaller due to some useless wire shelves.
Stupid smaller shelves already removed
 I suggested it would be better used for food storage and cleaning products and turned DH loose on it! Much discussion on shelving type, number of shelves, configuration, spacing, etc. So while I've done nothing on my Unity quilt, DH stripped out the closet, measured, measured and measured some more, found & marked studs, and cut wood. I swear I was starting to hear the electronic beep of the stud finder in my sleep!
By the end of today, we should have a new pantry ready to be stocked! The 'stock' is already laid in - it just needs to be organized into the new space, which will be a project for me.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome use for an underutilized closet!! Looking forward to seeing the transformed space.

    ReplyDelete