A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, April 13, 2020

Unity Quilt Along - Part 2

Since Part 3 is due out today, I figured I should get busy and work on Part 2. My challenge was deciding whether to stick with my colors from the center block or bring in new colors. And then figure out the placement of the colors. Whenever you deviate from a pattern, you have to live with the consequences of your creative choices. With this project, unlike mystery where you build units, not blocks,  we get to see what part goes next to which. That makes color choices easier. Part Two looks like this, around the center for those following the color selection. 

In order to figure out the cut list, I need to draw up a color plan. It's not pretty but it will do. 

I added some deeper value squares (navy) for more contrast. Unfortunately, I didn't get anything cut or stitched. Yesterday turned out to be a bit of a bust, productivity-wise. I had such high hopes of progress but the motivation was lacking.  

I was feeling out of sorts. Not sure why exactly but I need to figure it out an overcome the inertia. Late afternoon, I seemed to reach a point of snarky-ness. Rather than bite DH's head off, I jumped in the van for a drive by myself to change the scenery. I came back a bit more civil and commenced cooking Easter dinner. Steak & potatoes offered some comfort food goodness, without requiring hours in the kitchen.

Just. Keep. Going.


How cool is this - so convenient to have it set up right next to Wild Cherry as I stitched!

3 comments:

  1. Your color plan looks good. Sorry that you found yourself in a funk, but glad to hear that your drive gave you a new attitude. Steak and potatoes for Easter dinner? YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think feeling out of sorts is quite common these days, where our normal life has been thrown off course. Glad the drive helped you feel more able to face things.

    Happy Unity sewing!

    ReplyDelete