A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Unity Quilt Project - Colors

Got around to digging in my stash to select the colors for my version of Bonnie Hunter's Sew-In-Place Unity Quilt. Getting the fabric to show up correctly in pictures has been a pain. I tried a couple of combinations of light source, time of day, etc. both inside and outside. This is the best it's going to get - taken this morning outside in the cold Spring morning light. 

Cream, Aqua, Turquoise, Cobalt & Navy
I decided to go with a monochromatic color scheme. Do I have all the yardage amounts recommended in my colors? 
Cream, Aqua, Turquoise, Cobalt & Navy
Probably not but I may only make this lap size quilt or I can find different fabric in the stash or I can change the colors with each border I add. Bottom line - it will happen the way it happens. 

No Stress Here!

Speaking of stress, I needed to iron the fabric and someone in my Studio HATES the ironing board. Odie loathes the sound the iron board makes when it's unfolded. I get that  - he has very sensitive hearing. So rather than send him running just as he settled down for a snooze, I opted to iron the fabrics atop a towel on my sewing table. 

Totally hi-tech here. LOL!! On to Cutting, next...

2 comments:

  1. Nice colors!! That's going to be gorgeous. No matter what size it ends up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the monochromatic colour scheme. I'm glad you saved poor Odie the sound of the ironing board. I hate that noise too, and solve it by just leaving mine set up about 99% of the time. Have to fold it up when we have visitors, but that won't be a problem for a while.

    ReplyDelete