A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, April 20, 2020

Weekend Working

The weekend was dedicated to working but for work. Chore list was longer than I would have liked but oh so necessary. Banking (online), Bill Paying, Laundry, Cleaning, blah, blah, blah...
Sunday dawned sunny & bright. Since it was going to be a beautiful warm Spring day, I knew I needed to get going early.  On a whim, the DH joined Odie & I for a morning romp at the conservation area. It was wonderfully empty! After dropping my boys back at home I headed to Wal-Mart for the few things we needed. Going early was great! Got our stuff and got the heck out. 
I decided that if I was going to do some cooking, I was going to do some cooking! No sense making a mess in the kitchen for one thing. Ground beef has been tricky to come by sometimes so I grabbed a 5 lb. roll. With the recent closure of meat processing plants, I want to get some put by.

Some for us and some Odie, all cooked and in the freezer! Along with that, I stripped down a rotisserie chicken breast and portioned it. 

Each little baggie contains 4 oz. and that gets mixed with 48 oz. of cooked elbow macaroni for homemade dog food. Odie gets half cup on top of his kibble, twice a day. So much easier to have things prepped and ready. 
By the time I got everything cooked and the kitchen cleaned, It was after 1pm.  It was time to get busy. I thought I was going to sew. Or at least cut fabric, now that I have the cut list for both Part 2 & 3 of the Unity quilt done. I can't show those pics because there are sizes listed, obviously. Suffice to say, there are a LOT of pieces to cut. And Part 4 is to be released today. I will get there!
So what did I do? I got OUTSIDE!  Too early to do anything in the yard. But since this weekend was suppose to be Midwest Horse Fair in Madison, WI and I'm having tack sale withdrawal, I took advantage of being able to get both saddles cleaned and oiled. 


They still need a treatment with leather balm w/ atom wax to seal and shine. All in due time and with the nice weather this week, I should be able to get them finished up. Then we need to get out of quarantine so I can use them! 


1 comment:

  1. It looks like you spent your time very productively, even without sewing.

    ReplyDelete