A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Virtual Kentucky 3 Day Event

The 2020 Kentucky Three Day Event was cancelled. It was suppose to be held over the past extended weekend.  I've gone twice - 2018 & 2019. This year I was going again but this time with two horse owning friends. Obviously, we go to see the various events but frankly, the shopping aspect is a huge draw! 

This year, the organizers live streamed the horse events of years past, while many of the vendors created special online sales with discounts to help recoup lost revenue & give us access to their fabulous products.

I didn't have a huge shopping want/need list, especially with the pandemic. It was going to be more about the going, watching, experiencing this year. But I did have 1 item I wanted to get. It was going to be a special order item and I was thrilled I could order it online & get a discount. 

We've experimented riding without using a bridle. You control the horse by using a neck strap and your legs & seat. It's a challenge that's both amazing and a little scary at the same time. A neck strap is something I didn't own. Below is a stock photo to show you the concept. 

I wanted a nice one and that's what I ordered. Black leather with royal blue padding for comfort. I get exactly what I want and I supported a small business in the process.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting - I hadn't heard of the neck strap before.

    It's nice that the retailers have still been able to get some custom via the "virtual" show.

    ReplyDelete