A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, April 27, 2020

There are Unity Quilt Parts Somewhere Around Here...

Last week, I was working on the Unity Quilt Project, though I'm a bit behind still working on Part 2. 


But then on Wednesday night, FB messages were flying back and forth from a few friends in need of fabric face coverings.  
One friend works in a hospital lab as a phlebotomist, the other is a librarian dealing with the recent loss of her husband. Both of these incredible ladies are accomplished seamstresses (everything from Elizabethan costumes to a wedding dress) but the stress of the pandemic on top of their personal stress have taken a toll on their sewing mojo. The third friend is in the Armed Forces. 


My Unity pieces where pushed aside as I took up mask making again. Eighteen masks where sent on their way to GA, MI, IA and MN!  


I am so thankful that I have a deep quilt cotton stash (already prewashed & dried) and several Vintage Singers that sew thru everything I shove under their needles. Yes - the Featherweight handles the layers & pleats of the masks with no problem, though she is due for a cleaning & oiling after Saturday's session of even more masks! 

Hoping now that I have some extra made on hand, I can get back to working on my Unity quilt. 


2 comments:

  1. You are SEW kind to make masks for those friends. Good luck with catching up on your Unity quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unity is looking good. Well done making the masks though, I'm sure they'll be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete