A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Friday, July 18, 2014

July Projects!


Hostas in bloom
We're just over half way through July  and the push is on!  I have three projects that need to be done by next weekend.

I have to finish hand stitching the binding down on the MQG challenge. In order to not waste any available sewing minute – it comes to work with me for some lunchtime handwork!



I have to machine quilt the Daring Downton Debacle challenge quilt so it can be entered in the quilt show the first weekend of August.  I got it layered and pinned Wednesday night – have no idea on how it will be quilted exactly  but it will be fairly straight forward as the blocks are mostly busy.  I started last night with some quilting in the ditch to stabilize it and some basic diagonal lines in the sashing.



I have the basic design for the Wicked challenge quilt.  Since I plan on doing a mostly fused piece, the construction should go quickly. I’m hoping anyway as I want/need to spend time on the embellishment of this one.

Shade Garden

Hope you all have a good weekend - I'll be in the Studio for part of it with (hopefully) more to show you all from my efforts.


No comments:

Post a Comment