A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

MQG Challenge - Rolling Along

Getting out of work early last Thursday translated into Sewing Time!  And I even remembered to take pictures along the way, showing my progress.

I carefully cut out all the remaining parts, holding my breath that I would have enough fabric on hand for my design.

Yeah - I know it would be more prudent to design the quilt first, figure the yardage required and then buy the fabric accordingly - but that's not reality.  So just how close did I cut it this time?  You be the judge  - below is what was left over of the grey & green.

There is just enough of the coral left for a narrow binding. Almost a little too close for my comfort but hey, sometimes quilting is living on the edge of a rotary cutter!

I started with the corners - here is 8 pieces per corner joined.

and added some pieces,

and then a few more pieces

And before I knew it - it was a top!

I was losing daylight when I took the picture, but you get the idea. 











No comments:

Post a Comment