A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

WICKED...WALKING!

It’s Official – It’s a FINISH!!

Presenting:  WICKED…WALKING!

I said my DH was going to be a big help this week & he truly has been.  Monday evening, I was in a quandary as to whether or not this quilt needed embellishment.   I set four of the metal bits in place on half the quilt & called him into the living room from doing the dishes to see what his opinion was.  “Add them” and off he went back to the kitchen to scrub the pots from dinner.



I, on the other hand, did resist adding anything else in the early morning hours of Tuesday as I prepped paperwork & prepared to ship. 

Tuesday morning paperwork included completing the official entry form for the Daring Downton Debacle Challenge Quilt – it needed to be turned that day.  I know how much work goes into hanging a quilt show & usually my entry paperwork is in well before the deadline but not this year.  DH to the rescue again! He dropped off my paperwork almost as soon as the shop opened for business. Sometimes, my quilting is very much a joint effort.


Now I just need to hurry and finish the quilting, applique & binding by Thursday. Oh, and that quilt finally has a name – “Granthams, Gardens & Grounds.”  Pictures of the finish, just as soon as the last stitch is in place.


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, imaginative, waaaay out of your comfort zone - I am very proud of you. Great quilt, I love it. Now, just where can I get those marvelous boots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, I want those boots too!

    How did you do the shading on the back of the knee?

    Best of luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete