A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Saturday Studio Time...Almost!

Can't believe it's been over a week since I've been in my studio.  The plan was two whole days to just play with fabric, hopefully starting on the New Quilt from Old Favorites 9 Patch (NQFOF9P). So what stopped me???
This.



The Dreaded Studio Creep.  ARGH!!


The crush of projects and less studio time leads to lots of things out of place and bad habits!  Looking around, other parts of the studio were just as in need of attention.  Clutter and disorganization kills creativity.

A little while later, I had this - clean, clear space and a cuppa!



Once I started on the studio, I decided to spend part of the day working the garage clutter.  That meant by the time I was ready to sit at the machine, I was tuckered out and definitely not feeling ready to work on the NQFOF9P.

I needed a project that was basically a no-brainer.  I grabbed out the strip package I purchased back in June at the IQF show.



This could be just the project I need to transition into something more demanding.





No comments:

Post a Comment