A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Going Gold

I had a early evening appointment yesterday that required me to leave work at 3:00 pm and travel thisclose to another LQS.  My commute to a previous place of employment had me driving past this shop twice a day for a short period of time!  It's not a huge place but they carry batiks and that's what I was hunting.

I needed two more cream-ish batiks for the Ocean Waves project.  But as I stood in the shop I realized that my cream-ish batiks were definitely to the warm side of neutral.  I prefer them that that way.


The numbers next to each swatch are the number of actual 2.5 inch squares cut from a half yard hunk of fabric.

The two new fabrics are decidedly more golden than the others.


But I think they will make a great addition to the project.  I can't wait to get the last 400 or so HST units sewn so i can mix them all together and finally start sewing them into blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment