A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, February 9, 2015

Tidal Wave of Blue

Update on the Blue HSTs

Like a quilter possessed, I dove into my rather extensive blue batik stash and cut a 2.5 inch strip off of nearly every piece I owned.  Charm squares were quartered. The scrap bin was raided. Blue squares stacked up.  I've been drawing stitching lines on them as fast as I could, whenever I had a spare minute or two. 


Two newly purchased half yard hunks of cream-ish batiks were slashed into strip and sub-cut into squares.


The FW zipped along and before I knew it – the neutral squares were gone and I had 239 units to cut apart. 


That gave me 468 HST units that will measure 1.5 inches finished!! In. No. Time. At. All!!


 I am only counting the finished units, since I didn’t bother counting the blue squares but I do know that I have only used up about maybe 1/3, or less, of the blue squares I’ve cut so far. Don’t care – I am having fun!! 

Eventually, they will be some variation of an Ocean Waves quilt or maybe two quilts at the rate I’m going.  I know there’s more shades of blue-ish fabric I haven’t included yet – aquas, turquoises, Caribbean blue – I think they are hiding in the green batik stash drawer.

But first, I need more cream-ish batik.


No comments:

Post a Comment