A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Everyway the Wind Blows

Which brings us to the next blocks for the Sauder Village Triple Windmill Challenge.

Green was the next color up - one one of these to make, also finishing at 8 inches square.  I like these shades of green of Peppered Cottons.

Right about now I spent some time staring on how these blocks were going to lay out.  Quite a bit of time, a few sketches and a glass of wee bubbles lead to having to make three blue blocks.  Since they needed to finish at 4 inches square, I modified the number of pieces to make it easier to construct.

A few solid black setting rectangles and I was ready to start assembling. In order to achieve the layout, I had to used the partial seam method again.



So far - this is what I've got hanging on the design wall.


It still needs borders of some kind...maybe. And definitely some pressing.



1 comment: