A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Red & White Part of Paducah

Not all my time in Paducah was spent shopping.  I attended a few lectures while there and enjoyed every minute of them.

'The Story of Red & White' lecture and show was presented by Author Ann Hazelwood, an avid antique quilt collector.  


The many old red and white quilts she shared were amazing.



Just as amazing was the recent book published by AQS - 'Red, White & Quilted'



For this book, Linda Baxter Lasco choose 12 antique quilts from Ann's collection, drafted the patterns and reproduced them using modern tools & techniques.  All of these were on display as part of a special exhibit, which included many of the antique counterparts.













The quilts were machine quilted by some of today's top quilters! 

Also appearing at Ann's lecture was a very special red & white quilt.  

This was also made by Linda - out of the leftover blocks from the 12 reproduction quilts!

My regret was that I didn't purchase this book while I was there and could have had it autographed by both Ann & Linda. 

Slaps forehead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment