I didn't have any plastic or thin cardboard handy to make a triangle buddy to mark my lines on the giant batiks squares.
But I did have my Easy Angle ruler and it was just big enough.
These stitched up in no time at all. As you can see, the corners are oversized. I did this on purpose for two reasons. One - the measurement would have been something weird like 37 15/16ths inches; and two - this brings the center section up to about 60 inches square.
|Not Pressed Yet|
That means I can piece more of the small hst blocks to make the rest of the remaining border if I want. Which, frankly, I don't think so. I'm not interested in making a couple hundred more inch and a half hst units.
But I will have to come up with something to finish out the borders. Going to have to think on this one awhile longer. And go find something else to piece in the meantime.
Just looking at the pictures as I type this post, I think I need add a narrow blue stop borders around the center blue and cream section. Don't have any suitable yardage with me to audition for those, so assembly will have to wait - DRAT!! Oh wait, there's a LQS about 20 minutes from here...