A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The View of My Cutting Table

More specifically, the view of my cutting table right now.

Here's the process.

Open a batik drawer, grab out a handful of fat quarters, half yards, or whatever sizes pieces are hanging around in there.




 Take them to the cutting table and and start slicing off strips.


Every piece gets a 2 inch strip or two cut off.  And one of the 2 inch strip gets two squares cut off for the Red Tin.


Lather, Rinse, Repeat!


By working in sections on each drawer/color, the cutting is manageable.  It's something I can work on in the 'In Between Moments'.  Then it's not such an overwhelming huge project. Because, let's face it - cutting every piece of batik I own is going to take some time.  I'd just not rather it suck up all my dedicated sewing time.

However, while the Red Tin may have the capacity to hold all the 2 inch squares, the dedicated strip bin is getting rather full.


I relocated the 2 inch strips to another container. 


They'll need to be sorted by color family too, while I'm at it.  Wonder if the DH would mind helping with that project down the road?

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of cutting! I'd love to come and colour-sort your strips for you but it is just a little too far to travel...

    ReplyDelete