A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, July 6, 2015

Late Patriotic Project

Over the weekend, I saw lots and lots of patriotic & red, white & blue quilt projects post all over the Interweb.  And it got me to thinking - I don't have a red, white and blue quilted anything in our house. 

What I do have is red, white & blue fabric - more specifically I have a rwb batik  collection I purchased years ago from a Quilt in a Day sale.  


Hmmmm... what to make?  Something small - for my work cubicle or table topper seemed just perfect, though I must have purchased two of these collections, as I have 2 FQs of each fabric.  The fabric prints are okay but the colors are not quite where I them to be - so some swapping was in order.

Left side are the fabrics I'm using. Right side is the edit out pile.

Better! On to the design.  This came together fairly quickly.  I remembered I like the Bonnie Hunter 'Twirl Around' block from a few months ago.


Re-arranging the layout and including a few spacer blocks, gave me a Plan.


On to cutting - really quick - and then stitching up the 112 HSTs - even quicker!


The pieces are inch and a half finished so the project will finish around 24 inches square.  This should be done this week - too late for this year's Fourth of July, but I'm ready for next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment