Okay, so I've been dragging my feet getting the binding hand stitched but I finally sat down on Sunday and got her done!
She still needs a name though...
It's not like binding is all that hard, for Pete's sake. The rest of Sunday found me puttering around the house - laundry, cooking, on the interweb, etc.
I did do some easy rolled hemming on some scarves. Which led to me cleaning out & oiling Wild Cherry. She was a bit linty after machine quilting Patriotic Twirl. I did have two Featherweight learning moments, too.
1. If the set screw on the belt pulley is loose, the pulley shaft will migrate out of the motor. Ask me how I know!
|YIKES!! Not good!|
Fortunately, I was able to reach out to some experts, confirm the problem, what I needed to do and now everything is working perfectly.
2. There has been a lot of talk of LED replacement light bulbs for the FW, and how they don't get ridiculously hot. I figured I'd wait until my regular incandescent light bulb burned out before I replaced it. As I usually just piece on the FW, I thought it wasn't a big deal. When it gets hot, I turn off the light and use my gooseneck Ikea light. Then this happened last week (it's already mostly healed - it was worse!).
OW!! Since I chose to machine quilt Patriotic Twirl on the FW, I had to wrestle it a bit in the smaller throat space. Which means my hand ended up getting burned. I'll be ordering the LED bulb later this week.