I talking EPIC here, folks!
There I was minding my own business, winding a bobbin. Sounds boring, right? When, all the sudden, things starting falling off my Featherweight!
What the HECK??!!
I wasn't sure where or what was happening. It took me a few seconds to figure out what went wrong. I mean, I was just winding a bobbin for Pete's sake!
After I regained my senses, I found these pieces on the floor in front of my chair.
And this is where the bits came from.
CRAP!! Epic bobbin winder failure! Apparently, the nut had worked its way loose and finally just gave way. I'm going to have to look at Dot to figure out how to reassemble it. And double check I didn't miss any parts when I scooped these up.
Thankfully, I also have backup Featherweight documents to insure I don't miss a step!
I ended up with a most full bobbin before this happened so I was able to get this far - all batik squares are now four patches!
I need to get the winder repaired today so I can get these sewn into a top. Never a dull moment around here...