A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Inspiration from a Floor

This floor has been bugging me for quite some time now.

I had tried to draft the pattern from memory but that proved to be impossible.  Fortunately, I finally got a decent picture of it last week.


I wanted to get the size and progression of the bricks just right.  The finished sizes are 2 inch squares, 3 x 2 inch rectangles and 4 x 2 inch rectangles.  I love how the center is a nine patch.

I'm thinking of a four square layout, with a stop border and then a 3 or 4 inch piano key border.  It should finish around 64 - 68 inches square.

I have a few jelly rolls from Hoffman in the Cherry collection this might work really well for.  


I thinking of keeping the 2 inch squares that radiate out from the center in the cream/tan. And then the intersecting 2 inch squares would be brown/chocolate.  The bricks would be the varying shade of pinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment