A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, August 17, 2015

Postage Stamp Top!

It's a Top!!!

Unpressed but guarded by Drake
 It's a weird dimension   - 30 inches x 55.5 inches - but that's only because I had everything sewn into 16 patch blocks and was so not going to unsew anything! I may end up adding borders to it or I may just leave it as a wall hanging.

There are 740 inch and a half (finished size) squares with no repeats as far as I can tell.  I was 8 squares short so I picked out 8 black to light grey squares and added them at the bottom corner.  

 The mind boggling thing is that I have 740 different batiks in the stash.  Well, that's not true.  I didn't use any of the cream based neutrals, so they are not in the count. 

Ahem...we'll just not think about how many of those I have.   I am actually considering making another one like this but doing it as a colorwash. 


1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of batiks!

    All those bright colours look very cheerful.

    ReplyDelete