Since I have the studio looking like a bomb went off, no stitching or designing or cutting or quilting can take place. So until I get all the repainting, reorganizing and renewing done, this blog will contain updates on the process and progress but not much fabric fun.
I promise as soon as I can, we will return to the fabric side. Believe me, I can't wait to see the end result of this redo. A few more paint chips have joined the ones on the wall. I got to thinking about the warmth of the whitewashed walls, so the new colors are some pale, slightly muted, warm greens.
DH and I lucked out on the new wall sconces. We found a double light fixture on sale for 40% off and they had two of them. The bonus is we didn't have to spend hours hunting them down.
The lower half of the long wall is whitewashed and has two coats of poly already. The swords are in a safe place so I can tackle the upper part of the wall.
I even started removing some of the wallpaper border, where the wood meets it.
|Yes, this is after the wall was already washed!|