A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, December 1, 2014

Grand Illusion Mystery - Kickoff with Clue #1

At 7:00 am Eastern time on Friday, Clue # 1 of Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt was released setting off a frenzy of cutting and sewing and sharing across the globe.  Today is the first Monday Link Up to see what everyone is creating.

I was not sitting in my studio waiting for the release, as I was on a Road Trip  - more on that later.  My plan was start early on Saturday morning but that got sidetracked.  I was sewing - I finished the last of the alterations on the 144 headbands!  

Great! So then I could turn my attention to the mystery quilt, right?  WRONG!!


Among other things I brought home from the Road Trip, I came down with a sinus infection.  By Saturday noon, I was wiped out, medicated and knew better than to even think about touching a rotary cutter!


So Sunday it was!  I had to pace myself - nothing to be gained by not getting some extra rest. Still, I made some significant progress. It's not a race! 

One oops block!
I thought about only making three quarters of the units and blocks but somehow my brain overrode that thought and cut out all the squares I needed of the black & yellow. Well, Heck!! In for a penny, in for a pound.  I guess I'm making the full size - 88 inches square. 

With a little luck, I'll have all of Clue # 1 finished before Clue #2 releases on Friday.


5 comments:

  1. Love your swatch(cheat sheet) card. Important!, as I learned a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great Cherry! Start feeling even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how's that beautiful featherweight going? Did she sew your blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bright colors, I look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete