A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Diving into the Deep Blue Sea of My Stash

A Doctor appointment yesterday meant a half day of work in the morning and part of the afternoon in my studio.  

While I could have done any number of things, I chose to go diving head first into the blue batik stash to continue the prep for the Ocean Waves quilt. 


Only a PARTIAL pile of the blue batik stash
Having already cut down all the blue 2.5 inch strips from the scrap strip bin and a whole charm pack, I decided to cut a strip from just about every blue batik I own - from navy to powder blue, from periwinkle to indigo and from aqua to teal.


Here's a partial pile of newly cut strips.



Piles of new blue squares to add to my carry along work bag for drawing lines.

I don't think I made much of a dent in the blue stash drawer.  


And I still need to dip a toe a little deeper into the aqua/calypso end of stash - I think they wandered off into the green batik stash drawer.

This quilt will be my attempt at scrappy - I am going to embrace the random - at least for the blues!

The neutral part of this project? That's going to take some time to work out.




No comments:

Post a Comment