A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Rattling Around

The other day, Tuesday to be exact, I mentioned I have something up my sleeve. 

 To be more specific, it's been rattling around my brain for awhile now and it needs to be a project under the needle while the Sauder Village peppered cottons triple windmill design (going to have to come up with a shorter working title) is in the layout & color stage.

This is my swatch card for this project


That looks a bit different, doesn't it?  It consists of mostly Sahara cloth solids.  I'm thinking of something traditional with a twist.  Like a 'blown up' traditional block, scattered or spaced out & floating on a sea of neutral, kind of a nod to modern. 

What's my neutral for this project?


Not the typical neutral you see in modern quilting, is it? And it's slated for a LQS show that usually specializes in civil war repro. This should be interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment