A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Block, A Birthday and the Blahs!

Busy few days here. We'll start with the quilty bits currently underway- the Daring Downton Debacle challenge row quilt.

A Block
First the good news -  there is a new Block on the design wall! 


The bad news - I don't like it.


The block design (a variation on Gentleman's Fancy) is okay, mostly.  I thought the last block had a lot of pieces for a 9" block (29) but this one has 41 pieces. I paper pieced it, so it's easier and more accurate. What is bothering me is the color choice. 


This blue is too dark when compared with the lightest shade of green.  Even though they won't be directly next to each other, I think it will throw off the light center to dark edges progression. So, it's back to the cutting table. I'll just think of this one as the test block.  Ideally, I'll be able to complete all five blocks for this row today. We'll see

A Birthday
This little girl turned 3 years old yesterday.  

Since she was a shelter kitty, we only knew she was born in February, so we thought Valentine's Day would be a perfect birthday for a sweet little girl. The Empress of Terror really does have her quiet sweet moments.



The Blahs
As it turned out, it was a good thing we celebrated Valentine's Day on Tuesday.  The DH has been down for the count for the last couple of days.  The poor thing actually put himself to bed at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday. There are no pictures of this - it wasn't pretty and I know where to draw the line. He is doing better, not 100% but the animals are each taking turns snuggling with their Poppy on the couch sharing some healing energy.  I'm retreating to the studio today while he gets the rest he needs to get this totally out of his system.  







No comments:

Post a Comment