A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Friday, February 7, 2014

New Block Needed

It's time to make another row for the Downton Daring Debacle Challenge quilt (LQS - Pieceful Gathering) using the Downton Abbey fabric collection by Andover.

I pulled out my trusty block book

and I think I've narrowed it down to the Gentleman's Fancy block for this row.  Checking the internet for further inspiration (and avoiding some chores), I found two different variations for this block. 

Variation A (this is the same way it is depicted in the book above)



Variation B (I believe this is the layout depicted in Farmer's Wife sampler quilt)


If this is the block I stay with for this row, I will use Variation A as it has more detail to it.  I need to do some more research before I lock myself in and start to figure out the fabric and color placement.  It's really cold outside today so I think that's a good enough reason to avoid more chores do more research.




No comments:

Post a Comment