A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Detour on the Silk Road

What to do when there are divergent paths to take?

The silk quilt was supposed to be sent to a local longarmer late this spring, in order to be eligible for a LQS show this summer.  Then along came the 2014 Pantone Color of the Year Quilt Challenge, with a deadline of March 21st.  And then there was the delay of the additional black silk order needed to finish the quilt.  What to do, what to do..
The silk quilt when we last saw it
Clearly, some decisions needed to be made and quickly - like yesterday.  

Here's the new plan - cross your fingers this works!  

#1.  I decided not to add any of the 6 teal rows, but to end with the royal blue row on either side, as shown above, and add the planned black borders.


#2.  In order to enter this as a finished piece for the Pantone Challenge, I would quilt it myself.  Never quilted on silk before so this will be a learning experience.

#3. Then, I will make another silk quilt that will go to the longarmer for the LQS show entry. It may be similar to this one or not. That's a completely different set of decisions to make at a later date.

So, that brings us to today.  I'll be continuing the machine quilting I started yesterday afternoon.

Pinned and some straight line quilting started.
It is an interesting path I'm heading down, just not sure exactly where I'm going to end up...

No comments:

Post a Comment