A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Sunday, March 2, 2014

You May Have Noticed...Pantone 2014

You may have noticed the 2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge button over there on the right.


A reader (Thanks, Heidi) saw my Silk quilt in progress and mentioned that I may want to enter this in the
2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge - Radiant Orchid . Click the link and check it out.  There are three categories for the challenge, running from March 14-21, 2014. 
In progress - 6 more rows to go, then borders
 I may be entering the 'Just the Top' category as this quilt is supposed to go to the longarmer for quilting and it won't be finished and bound by the deadline. 
I still waiting for the black silk to arrive so I can finish this top.  My hoped for Road Trip was cancelled, so now I'm hoping the silk gets here before the expected snowstorm hits. I really want to finish this top, clear out all the silk thready bits before I move onto another project. When I was in the kitchen the other day, I found some bright pink thread clinging to the end of the black boy cat's tail - he was not amused!

Do you plan on using the 2014 Pantone color of the year - Radiant Orchid - in any of your quilting projects?


2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your silk quilt!!! I think it would do well in the Challenge :) I'm using some fabrics in my Diamonds are Forever that look like they would fall into the Radiant Orchid category - yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect challenge for this gorgeous quilt! Hope the snow lets you get out to get the rest of the silk you need before the challenge deadline.

    ReplyDelete