A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Michigan Machine

One of the things I wanted to do on my recent trip was to drag the Michigan sewing machine out of the closet and check out the model and serial number on it.  Since I normally travel with my machine, I don't use this one but that will change. Sewing machines need to be used - it's good for them!

Singer Model 15-91 with "Eye" & Trefoil decals.
This machine belonged to my Great Aunt Lillian.  It runs, though it can use a cleaning and oiling. There is some built up grunge to carefully remove.


It is a Singer, Model # 15-91, dating to January 1933. She is 71 years young! 


Housed in a Model # 47 cabinet, it has a knee controller instead of a foot pedal.  


I had planned on bringing the machine home for a thorough going over but it is wired into the cabinet due to the knee controller. I need to do some research on how to remove the machine from the cabinet & not do any damage to the wiring. 


Check out that scroll work face plate, though it will be better once it's cleaned and shiny.  I have another machine project!


3 comments:

  1. She is going to be beautiful after her spa treatment. Model number?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should be very pretty once you clean it up. It's nice to have something that was used by a member of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the exact same machine. It belonged to my Aunt Clara; her son gave it to my mom when Clara passed. Mom has been gone 20 years now, but the Singer soldiers on.

    ReplyDelete