A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Saturday, March 1, 2014

March 1st - Blank Canvas

Happy March Everyone! 

Here's my Design Wall



Yes, it is a large blank sheet of paper - a blank canvas. It is roughly the size of the challenge quilt (32" x 74") I need to design and execute for the  Wisconsin Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts  yurt panel challenge.  The challenge is based on the four seasons - my season is Winter.  If I design my quilt on this year, I could take a piece of white fabric the size it is suppose to be, quilt some angry, swirly lines on it, call it "Blizzard" and be done.

No, not really but it feels that way since we awoke to a fresh dusting of snow making the backyard look much like the blank canvas of the design wall.  In reality, I have to incorporate these fabrics.  



I may do realistic or impressionistic - not sure yet. But I am sure it needs to get done this month. So I'll be facing that large piece of paper real soon.  Maybe if I stare at it long enough something will magically appear, like out of a blizzard.

On a different quilt note...today is March 1st and I can run over to the LQS - Pieceful Gatherings - and get this month's guidelines for the Daring Downton Debacle challenge row quilt. Can't wait to see what they throw at us this month! Once I have the guidelines, I can hunker down with my block book, some graph paper & maybe a glass of wine tonight as more snow falls all around. 

What's on your design wall for this month?






No comments:

Post a Comment