A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, November 4, 2013

First Fused Base!

Got back from the Road Trip late Saturday and spent most of Sunday enjoying  the 'Fall Back' day of the end of daylight savings time by not doing much of anything.  I did make a small (8.5 x 11) fused background Friday night but haven't done anything else to it since.  So far I am liking it.
 
 
Rather than using the release paper from the Wonder Under as a working base, I found a great tip on Melody Johnson's blog archives Fibermania to use an Oven Liner.  I got mine at Wal-Mart for about $10. 
 
 
I did put in some time at the cutting table on a French Braid quilt I am making for the Amish/Mennonite Haiti Relief Auction next Spring.  I've added two new fabrics that I picked up at Lolly's Fabrics in Shipshewana on Saturday, so the fabric run for the braid looks like this. I am working on this quilt as it is just straight forward piecing while two other quilt designs percolate for awhile.  Need to keep moving forward!!
 
 
 I posted a selection of some of my quilts on my Quilt Gallery page, in no particular order - take a peek.  Doing this made me realize that I often have just working pictures of my quilts not shots of the finished project. AACK!!  I'll be dragging them out to the clothesline and updating my files and the gallery as soon as I can get some decent weather without the gusty breezes of late.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am in love with 2 more of your quilts. The Octagon quilt and the Florence quilt are beautiful! You need to make more of this style of quilt top in large bed sizes! For those of you who know me Cherry named my quilt "Bits of Scarlet" - kind of fits doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete