A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, November 28, 2013

What I am Thankful for

in addition to the normal things I am thankful for - husband, family, friends, our pets, my blog, etc. - I am thankful for...
Shelves!!

I promise you they are straight, level and anchored into the wall seven ways to Sunday!  The DH engineered these thing so they will not fall down in the face of a Zombie Apocalypse! We still have to paint the shiny silver hardware black so they won't be noticeable. The miscellaneous items/boxes are just place holders to de-sensitize the cats to the new shelves before I put any breakables on display. There is another one to put up on this wall, directly below the one on the left side. YAY!  I can't wait to unpack some boxes!
 
I am also thankful that my DWR is completely quilted and bound!  I finished after dark today so pictures have to wait.  As soon as I can,  I will be posting pictures here and of course uploading it the NYC Mod Quilt Guild DWR Challenge
  
Tomorrow is the start of Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery  I've never done one of her mystery quilts but I'm going to give it a try this year.  The colors Bonnie has selected from Olympic Paints paint chips are:
 
Hmm, I really don't have many fat quarters in these oranges or yellows, and shopping is not an option, so I have to shift those two colors a bit.  To make this quilt more me, I'll make it in all batiks. and I do have tons of Blues and Greens in batiks so I'm covered there.   I finally hit the stash this afternoon and pulled the fats out and into piles.  I just need to add some neutral batiks and I ready to go.
 
 
Very early tomorrow, I am headed out for a day long Road Trip so I won't be starting the mystery until at least Sunday.  This should be interesting!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Cherry, You have a gift certificate at the Fat Quarter Shop waiting for you so you can buy those fat quarters. You won my giveaway, but I don't have your e-mail. Please get back to me so we can get you that prize! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete