A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, November 14, 2013

It Happened on My Way to the Sewing Machine

So there I was, minding my own business, going to sit down, figure out the separator band braids for the French Braid quilt and get busy making them.  I looked over at the cutting table - ACK!! I can't see the cutting table - What Happened??
 
It was a case of the dreaded flat surface disease!! A combination of coming and going, coupled with multiple fabric projects, throw in a dash of I'll get to it later and a pinch of oh look, new fabric and supplies and there you have it - a mountain of stuff in your way! It so didn't deserve a picture on this blog!
 
Obviously, I wouldn't be cutting anything for the French Braid quilt until I got to the 'I'll get to it later' part of my mess.  Starting at one end, thread spools got put back, new fabric went into the washer, fabric bits were bagged by project and so on. Progress was made - until I came to the piles of Summer Stripes blocks. I stood there, plastic zipper bag in one hand and the blocks in another.  I just couldn't do it. I couldn't put the blocks away - they were mocking me! I had to do something - so I did. And by evening, I was back to crawling around on the living room floor, holding dogs at bay until I had this:

The final layout may change by the time I get the blocks squared up and sewn together, and there's borders to contemplate but right now I feel like I've conquered the mocking blocks. The top of the cutting table had reappeared and I have the cut list made for the separator band braids. Balance has been restored, at least for now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment