A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Slow Saturday Ahead

Kind of a short post today as most of yesterday was spent working on Clue #2 of Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice or chores around the house (boring but necessary). 
 
I narrowed down the teals and pinks (to 7 of each color) from the fat quarters I had already pulled from my stash.
 
 
Later, I had some help cutting the pieces for the chevron blocks.
 
Zena was all over my sewing table. Right before I snapped this picture, she was making a mess      examining my final choice of teals.
 
Part of the day was spent discussing things with the DH.
 
Discussing storage things. 
 
Storage things for the sewing area to make it more user friendly. 
 
Christmas gifts are looking to be very practical this year and that is so OKAY with me.  The storage ideas are being designed to keep my stuff handy but away from very curious helpers so I don't end up pulling my hair out or yelling (no, not me - ;).  Zena is the main troublemaker and yes, she is the cat I picked out at the shelter so I did this to myself but I can't have my bobbins, pins, fabric bits, etc. flying around the house. I. Will. Lose. My. Mind.
 
Space is at a premium and the budget cannot, will not, should not  handle a custom made sewing cabinet suite of furniture.  So I'll be stalking the resale shops in the area looking to see what I can find. Just as soon as it warms up outside a bit. In the meantime, I'll be marking some diagonal lines on 2" squares - about 270 more to go - and then sewing, lots of sewing.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment