A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Happy Saturday!

It has been a very long week and I'm glad we've hit the weekend!

We covered a lot of ground this week - 

DH had his birthday.
The DDD challenge row of Royal Cross blocks is done.
My mom had a great follow up appointment with her surgeon a week after surgery, though it was a cold, windy tiresome day for both of us.
The washer died :(
Drake ended up a the emergency vet at 2 am Thursday with a severe allergic reaction to an apparent spider bite. Nobody got any sleep that night - especially DH who had taken a sleeping pill about a half hour before I woke him to go to the clinic with me.
Thursday was a very slow day punctuated by multiple pill times and a few cranky human moments. By the end of the day, all was pretty much back to normal and everyone was ready for a good night's rest. Drake is fine.
No new quilt designing got done, though I did some review and pre-planning on the MN Quilters Challenge

and the Sauder Village Challenge  rules and guidelines.


And a few ideas have been rolling around in my brain about the winter themed yurt panel challenge - maybe snowflakes!  Need more brain power on that.

As there is another cold snap coming, washer shopping begins in earnest tomorrow - cross your fingers!




1 comment: