A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Have a Date...

With my Seam Ripper!

Remember that old saying "The faster I go, the slower I get"?

Well, I got a little to ahead of myself over thinking the assembly of the DDD Royal Cross blocks. I was so anxious to try the curved seams on the machine, rather than by hand, I skipped over attaching the corner unit to the trumpet piece. 

Ask me how I know.

Yep!  Because I didn't do it right the first time.

Live and learn.


You may or not be able to tell but it's buckling a bit too.  That's because I also stitched past the seam allowances on two pieces that are not suppose to be joined that far down.  I should only have to take out the last few stitches in each seam. We'll see. All the edges are biased of course and too much handling will make the whole thing wonky.  This may end up as a test block and be discarded.

Thankfully, I can get a bit more of the Downton Abbey fabric, if need be.  The others came from the stash (Shop the Stash) and I can always substitute in a pinch.  Way different color scheme than my usual - it is a Challenge, after all. Hopefully, I am up to it.

On the home front, my travel plans for today to go down and see Mom (recovering from surgery) have been cancelled.  We got a few inches of the dreaded white stuff last night and into the early morning hours that is blowing and drifting some over roads. That can be a pain but what makes it stupid is that wind chills are about -23 F, which make the salt on the roads less effective and and the plows removing any snow also remove the salt which can't work properly anyway. NOT worth leaving the house.

Which plays right into my plan of stitching instead.  Hope you all get to do what you want to do today.





No comments:

Post a Comment