A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Monday, January 6, 2014

Polar Vortex Vacation

Mini indoor vacation that is.
 
This blast of Artic air will be with us for just a few days so all outdoor activities, including shopping, have been suspended. If we don't already have it - we don't need it. There's lots to do indoors but the regular chores are not on my radar.  We are planning on taking down Christmas decorations but it's too cold to but them back into storage in the garage & attic. That little job will only take a half hour or so. This weather makes me want to just hunker down.
 
More fun things are calling to me.  I didn't sew at all yesterday because of the Great Fabric Migration Project.  I needed to be in and out of the garage, carrying totes, so I wanted to get that part done before temps fell.  The current temp in the studio is 62 degrees.  With the space heater, I can get it more comfy but the floor is on a concrete slab to the toes might get a tad cold.  I'll probably only spend a few hours down there today and tomorrow.

I need to piece the borders for my Celtic Solstice quilt, find a backing and think about how I am going to quilt it.  If I can figure out my borders, I'll add them as already quilted sections to the quilted center - a modified quilt as you go method.

When it gets to uncomfortable downstairs, I have a new quilt top loaded into the standing hoop waiting to be hand quilted.



It's all part of my plan for 2014 to get more done in the time I have.
 

1 comment:

  1. I love that quilting frame and the quilt in it is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete