A View of My Life - Quilt and Other Things

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Royal Cross Blocks

I was back in the studio working on the Royal Cross blocks.  I still had to stitch up the fifth block and it went together easily - with lots of pins of course.

Before I gave the blocks a good pressing, I trimmed all the seams.  It really eased those curves and helped flatten everything down. 


I still haven't decided on the center piece, though I'm leaning toward the cream to tie in with the corners. 
blocks laid out - untrimmed

Row of Royal Cross blocks all stitched together
The little center piece applique project didn't get done yet.  I had an adventure instead.
In the middle of the afternoon, DH called me into the laundry room to show me oil splatters all over the brand new set of bed sheets.  And the oil ring around the inside the washer. ARRGGHH!!!!

I headed to the laundromat and after two washes with all my extra stain removing tricks, the oil spots are clean but still there.  Not making me a happy camper BUT it could have been worse. The new sheets were about $25.00. Replacing a load of jeans and shirts would be a whole lot more!!

After consulting with my friend Pam's appliance repair guy, the washer has been officially declared dead.  The transmission blew and it will cost as much to repair it as it will to replace the whole machine. The washer is almost 11 years old and has washed miles and miles of fabric, besides mountains of clothes.

Hoping to get the wee applique pieces done today and move on to other projects - like quilt challenge design and washer shopping.




1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your royal cross blocks look beautiful!

    Too bad about the washing machine.

    ReplyDelete